On July 15th , I’m chairing a roundtable discussion on Learning Analytics at the Microsoft Worldwide Parnter Confernece in Los Angeles. I’ll be working with my good friend Chris Poole from lookred, and we’ll be focussing on:
- Examples of how analytics can be used to drive effective learning and efficient operations at schooling system, municipality, state and national levels
- Real examples of solutions making impacts in schools
- How to use data, BI and management tools to improve quality and reduce costs
- Engagement with education customers – how to focus on their challenges rather than just the technology
- “Why BI in education”. BI is at the heart of not only modernising schooling but saving money in doing so
- What does a data driven model of education look like to the key stakeholders
The context for the discussion will be:
- The urgent need to modernise education
- Growing pressure to ‘do more with less’ and be more accountable
- The need to make informed decisions in the same way a business might do so
- The need for tools to support greater productivity from teachers
- Tools used to engage students
If you are a Microsoft partner attending WPC, you might find this roundtable worthwhile. I’m certainly looking forward to participating.
Chris and I will be available for the full week of 11th – 15th July to meet with people who are interested in this topic.
For WPC details go to: https://www.mseducommunity.com/Community/WPC/Pages/default.aspx