CLWB has introduced two new products to our portfolio – A.I. learning packages for school children, ‘How to Make a Mind’; and introductory A.I. training for adults, ‘A.I. Demystified’. Our A.I. initiative kicks off on Friday 29th September with CLWB Asia partner Ian Myles delivering a keynote on A.I. at the Maths Association of Western Australia STEM conference in Perth.
‘How to Make a Mind’ will feature as part of the BBC’s Digital Cities week in Bristol, on 17th October, where we run a workshop to start the process of preparing children for an A.I. – infused world. This workshop will be filmed for BBC School Report.
On 21st October, we are delivering both ‘How to Make a Mind‘ and ‘A.I. Demystified‘ – our adult program – at the Bath Digital Festival.
A.I. Demystified continues in Bristol on October 26th, and is next delivered in Singapore on 17th November as part of the ID/AI Fintech conference.
From there, we take it across Australia, finishing beginning of December – more on this to follow.
With A.I Virtual Machines and classroom activity packs, and interest from the USA and other parts of the world, A.I. is here to stay as a key pillar in the CLWB portfolio.
To find out more about CLWB’s A.I. offerings, contact email@example.com
Mike would like to thank the British Council and Microsoft for the invitation to present at “Building Skills” in Athens on Friday 27 March, 2015. Slides from the presentation are here:
Here’s the main points –
DEVELOPING INNOVATIVE STUDENTS
- Computers are only going to get more powerful … and will have an ever-bigger impact on jobs, skills, and the economy.
- We are in the early throes of a Great Restructuring.
- Our technologies are racing ahead but many of our skills and organizations are lagging behind.
Race Against The Machine – Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee, October 2011 47% of today’s jobs could be automated in the next two decades. (Oxford University)
- Bridges the arts, science, technology & business in Circular Economy innovation
- Visualization, development, and realization of ideas
- Requires amplified creativity and intelligence
- Digital Making
- Mastering Data
- Digital Leadership
- Connecting Technologies
Schools need to be changed, to foster the creativity that humans will need to set them apart from computers. (Economist)
- Internet of Learning Things
- Innovation Studios